My Final Semester of Bachelor's Degree

Our final semester started just like the previous ones - with problems upon subject registration as there were clashes of the class time and final exam schedule. At the end of the day, my class timetable and final exam schedule looked like this:








My class timetable was:
Monday, Historical Development of Spanish Language and Portuguese.
Tuesday, Analysing Text and Didactics.
Wednesday, Translation, Social Gerontology and Portuguese.
Thursday, Business and History.

My final exam schedule was:
Portuguese on the 21st of June and followed by exams every day for 6 days straight the week after.
The second day I had two papers which were Social Gerontology and Historical Development of Spanish Language. The next day was Business followed by Translation on the day after. Then it was History, followed by Didactic and lastly, Analysing Text.

Guess who forgot to bring her pencil case on for the paper? Yes, this dumbass that's writing this post right now. The first paper was my faculty elective, Portuguese. I only went through the 2018 paper while Aleeyna only studied the one in 2017 and showed me. Lucky for us, our paper was almost the exact same as the 2017 one. Therefore, it was quite easy. I usually don't reread my answers but I did for that paper. Thank God I did. Spotted 2 or 3 minor errors and immediately corrected them. For this subject, I thought I could score an A or A+ as my carry marks were high, and yes, I got an A+.

For Social Gerontology, the paper was not too hard yet not that easy. It kinda worries me, as my carry marks weren't that high. So I think my grade would be between B to A-, and I got B. As for Historical Development of Spanish Language, which is my favourite subject, I was targeting for an A or A+. I started studying for this subject quite early and just realized while waiting to enter the hall that I forgot to rememorise the characteristics of the dialects in Spain. So I was really anxious memorising them right before entering the hall. It was worthwhile. Got an A+ heheh.

Business was so-so and I got an A, Translation was easy peasy as always, so A+ it is. For Didactics, I was quite stressed out as there was too much to write yet I was out of ideas and time. Thought I was gonna get B or C but thank God I still managed to get an A. For the last paper, I also forgot to bring my pencil case haha. Thanks to Aiman for lending me her pen. Analysing Text was also quite hard, thought I was gonna get B or C but turned out I got an A-.

Also did my Final Year Project (FYP) this semester. I have been preparing for it since last semester. After researching topics that I have been interested in since my second year, I came up with the title Cross-Linguistic Influence in the Learning of Spanish as Third Language. The first three chapters (Introduction, Literature Review and Methodology) went smoothly. However, the last two (Analysis and Conclusion) were messy as heck, and I was the last to submit it. I swear to God I thought I was gonna fail or get C or B, and definitely not an A. My juniors were my respondents, so glad they helped hehe. Pretty sure I was the last one to submit that day. Alhamdulillah, every drop of sweat and tear were paid off well as I got A+ for this :)

I actually already prepped my mind to not expect too much 'cause it really seemed as if I was not gonna be able to get Dean's award this semester. Apparently, luck was on my side, I got 3.83 for my GPA and 3.77 for my CGPA. All praise to Allah for always giving me great news :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment