My Favourite Pastime



Blogging has always been my favourite pastime. I have been wanting to start blogging again for the longest time but I never got the chance to do so. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit and procrastinate too much lol. Since I am currently on my semester break, this is just the right time to blog again. I really hate that I feel like I've lost a lot of vocab since I stopped blogging.

Writing, to me, is a therapy. I have always seen writing as a way to unleash my affliction. Trust me when I say I have gone through a lot. Things that happened to me is beyond your typical expectations. On brighter days, I write to remind myself of the good things that have happened.

I know I'm nowhere near being an awesome writer with extensive vocabulary or having narrative writing ability.. But there's just something about writing that makes me feel good. Writing brings me the passion out of me. I think writing helps me understand myself better. I understand things better. It's also one way to improve my linguistic skills.

Recently, I came across a few articles about writing and they really motivate me to write more. I also bought a book entitled The Healing Power of Writing and just learned that it is scientifically proven that writing, expressive writting, specifically is correlated to our emotional health and strengthens our immune system. How cool is that? 

I am fond of writing because when I write, I either bleed or love.. This is how I make sure that even on the days when I literally don't feel anything, I would be able to feel something, at least, when I am writing. And to be frank, this is the kind of pastime that actually keeps me going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment